Saturday, September 01, 2018

Review: My Son's Girlfriend

My Son's Girlfriend My Son's Girlfriend by Mi-Kyung Jung
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Giving another 4 stars, since Goodreads doesn't allow much subtlety in their rating system. Anyway, the translation seemed a bit shoddy at times, but overall I enjoyed this a lot.

Oddly enough, I kept guessing the gender of the narrator incorrectly at the beginning of each story for some reason. Not sure why.

My favorite is probably the last story, about a rival who has bested you at everything (including a little etymology of the word rival, which makes me wonder what the original version says in Korean), only to find out things are different and how it affects you. It's hard to make too many comments without giving it away.

But I really liked all of them, with the possible exception of the first story, which just didn't pull me in much.



View all my reviews

No comments: