Thursday, March 21, 2024

Review: Trust

Trust Trust by Domenico Starnone
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I had initially wanted to read this in Italian, and then follow it up with the English version, but since I already had the English version I figured I may as well read it. I'm a fan of both the author and the translator, so I was curious to see how the story turned out. 

All in all I really enjoyed the first part (probably a bit over 60% of the book), but the second and third parts didn't attract me as much. Especially Emma's section. Was she supposed to come across like that? And Teresa, far from being what the narrator described her as initially, came across as more simple and childish. 

Regardless, I still enjoyed it. I will probably wait a while and then read the Italian version, to see if it feels different or not. 


View all my reviews

No comments: