Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Review: Zero to IPO: Over $1 Trillion Worth of Advice from the World's Most Successful Entrepreneurs

Zero to IPO: Over $1 Trillion Worth of Advice from the World's Most Successful Entrepreneurs Zero to IPO: Over $1 Trillion Worth of Advice from the World's Most Successful Entrepreneurs by Frederic Kerrest
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A great book if you have anything to do with silicon valley, or are looking for investment (especially from silicon valley or somewhere along those lines). The author has been in there in the trenches and got a big investor (Andreessen Horowitz), so he knows his stuff. These only touch me tangentially, but I still found quite a few interesting tidbits, including how the average age of the founders Andreessen Horowitz invest in is in the 40's, so substantially higher than you tend to hear about. 

I will probably give this another read if and when I have to do a road show for any business, in the meantime it was good background knowledge. 

Much of the advice (how to deal with a team, talk to investors, etc.) probably doesn't apply outside the US. 

View all my reviews

No comments: