Friday, July 15, 2022

Review: Men Without Women

Men Without Women Men Without Women by Haruki Murakami
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A collection of short stories by Murakami. I've complained about his short stories before, mainly because I love the slightly off-realities he creates in his books, and I feel like his short stories aren't long enough to really dive into them. However, I may have found the perfect solution. These stories were great company for my weeklong trip abroad. I guess his off-reality went well with being slightly off-kilter in a different country. /End Rambling

All the stories were entertaining, and all except one seem to follow the theme of men being away from women. The men being away from women isn't necessarily the point of each story, but it sets the scene. The one exception is Samsa in love, which is a clever premise, and a so-so follow-through. And I also read it somewhere else. 

Kino was great, and a tad reminiscent of "Dance Dance Dance", but it left me hanging. 

My favorite story was "Men without Women". I'm not really sure why. 


View all my reviews

No comments: