Thursday, July 23, 2020

Review: No Bad Kids: Toddler Discipline Without Shame

No Bad Kids: Toddler Discipline Without Shame No Bad Kids: Toddler Discipline Without Shame by Janet Lansbury
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I think it would have been a lot more useful had this been a book detailing her concepts and rules, etc., rather than a collection of random Q&A articles. It took me a while to figure out some of the details of her principles, and in fact I still have some questions about them.

Still, I liked certain concepts of treating your child like a regular human being rather than someone to speak baby-talk with. I also liked the idea of finding the root cause and addressing that rather than symptoms (i.e. You are tired right now, which is why you're acting up. We'll go to bed soon), as well as the fact that children are constantly figuring out the world, which means testing limits.


View all my reviews

No comments: