Thursday, July 23, 2020

Review: King of Sting: The Story of Australian Conman Peter Foster. An Audible Original

King of Sting: The Story of Australian Conman Peter Foster. An Audible Original King of Sting: The Story of Australian Conman Peter Foster. An Audible Original by Justin Armsden
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Interesting. I had never heard of this guy, and he apparently caused a lot of damage and is quite notorious in Australia.

I confess it seemed like some parts were left out. For example, for the first scam mentioned (chapter 1), they know that 60% of the money went here, and 30% went there, but they cannot  get it back? I was just thinking that if I had tried to convince someone to give me money for a non-existing business venture and just put the money in my bank account, the police would find the money trail (as apparently they did here) and then arrest me and return the money. How come they couldn't arrest Peter and return this money in this case?

At other points I felt like something was amiss. As in, some of the people who were duped by him. I am assuming they're not telling the whole story and rather than being duped into a legitimate enterprise, they were duped into thinking they would be scamming others along with Peter, or something along those lines. Also, the judge who gave him the ridiculously low bail amount is definitely on the take.

Regardless, an interesting story. I wonder what will happen from this point on.

View all my reviews

No comments: