Monday, July 08, 2024

Review: Creating Affluence: The A-to-Z Steps to a Richer Life

Creating Affluence: The A-to-Z Steps to a Richer Life Creating Affluence: The A-to-Z Steps to a Richer Life by Deepak Chopra
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I picked this up because I recognize the name and it cost $2 at 2nd and Charles.

I'm not sure why this author is taken seriously. The first part of the book was literally an A to Z for "Affluence". As in "A for All Possibilities", "B for Better and Best", etc. So, I'm wondering how this would work in other languages. In fact, the Italian alphabet has fewer letters than the English one, so does that mean it would have fewer points? How would this work with Korean? Or Chinese?

The second part talks about Wealth Consciousness. Here I was annoyed at his statement that "Universe" means "one song" (uni = one, verse = song). This is, of course, incorrect.

I'm noticing that all my complaints seem to stem from the fact that I am a linguist by trade. There were points that I agreed with and even found useful. Although I can't say I'll be searching for more of his books.




View all my reviews

No comments: