Thursday, April 11, 2024

Review: Where I Was From

Where I Was From Where I Was From by Joan Didion
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have no interest in California, and I never really had any interest in Joan Didion. So I have no idea why this book was in my wishlist, nor why I bought it. 

However, obviously my spidey-sense instinct was working that day, since this was one of the best books I've read this year. Not really a biography, memoir or history book, but more a fascinating and thought-provoking look at Joan Didion's California, as well as a journey through the history of the state, from Western expansion to the present day, and the dreams and lies along the way. 

The whole exposé about Lakewood and the Spur posse was very interesting and new to me. 



View all my reviews

No comments: