Thursday, January 11, 2024

Review: La agonía del eros

La agonía del eros La agonía del eros by Byung-Chul Han
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Already my second philosophy book of the year. Like the last one (Ariel), I had no idea this dealt with philosophy before starting it. Maybe I should start getting to know what I'm reading before I start a book. 

However, I enjoyed this more than the last one. There were some interesting insights, from Hegel to 50 shades of Gray... 

I also liked the statement that Auto-compulsion is more fatal than allo-compulsion, since you cannot resist auto-compulsion (no one else to blame when failures occur). I'm not sure I agree with it 100%, but it's an interesting perspective. 

A good short read. I'm not sure I could've handled a longer book though. 

View all my reviews

No comments: