Sunday, October 01, 2023

Review: An Economist Gets Lunch: New Rules for Everyday Foodies

An Economist Gets Lunch: New Rules for Everyday Foodies An Economist Gets Lunch: New Rules for Everyday Foodies by Tyler Cowen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

If you decided to travel around with a friend who is a foodie as well as an economist, your conversations would probably sound a lot like this book. 

In other words, I want to go travel with a foodie economist at some point.

The point are very interesting, from the observations to the asides, but there are no real studies or analyses. Everything is anecdotal, albeit from an economist's point of view. 

I guess I'm trying to say that you can enjoy this book, but don't use it to convince anyone about any big issue items, if that makes sense. 

Still, entertaining and quite a few of his rules of thumb convinced me. 

View all my reviews

No comments: