Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Review: I miei giorni alla libreria Morisaki

I miei giorni alla libreria Morisaki I miei giorni alla libreria Morisaki by Satoshi Yagisawa
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A very cute book. Reminiscent of Hiromi Kawakami or Toshikazu Kawaguchi, but more of a classical storyline in a way. This was actually a collection of 3 stories, which are chronological and all tie together. I preferred the initial story, but all of it held its own. 

And now I noted down two places I must visit next time I go to Tokyo: the bookshop area of Tokyo, as well as Mitake, in the mountains outside the city. 

Also, this is the third or fourth Japanese book I read that was translated by Gala Maria Follaco, and I must say I really like her style. Everything sounded very natural in Italian, with turns of phrase that seem to fit in perfectly. 

View all my reviews

No comments: