Friday, August 25, 2023

Review: Colpo grosso ai Frigoriferi Milanesi

Colpo grosso ai Frigoriferi Milanesi Colpo grosso ai Frigoriferi Milanesi by Francesco Recami
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a "meta-romanzo", Pirandello-style (and apparently like Camilleri too). However, I can't really say it worked for me. The points where the author started inserting his voice just broke up the tempo of the story, which wasn't the most exhilarating to begin with. Also, it's an interesting (if not original) idea, but after you bring it up several times it just gets old. 

Oddly enough, I thought it worked best in the final chapters, where the characters wonder about the 'Nonmondo', and the author makes you wonder about all the other characters in all other books/stories and their Nonmondo as well. 

View all my reviews

No comments: