Friday, May 19, 2023

Review: The Decagon House Murders

The Decagon House Murders The Decagon House Murders by Yukito Ayatsuji
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

From the get-go, the premise of this story might seem a bit contrived, but it is made quite interesting. A group of detective mystery buffs decides to spend a week on an island where a string of murders had occurred. Being part of a club for mystery buffs, they take on the names of detective novel writers (Ellery, Agatha, Leroux, Doyle, etc.), which is a nice way of distinguishing the characters from the start. 

I enjoyed the twists and turns, the multiple narratives (just depicting the island would have been too heavy), as well as the ending, which had me turning back to previous pages to see how it all worked. 

I look forward to reading more by the author. 

View all my reviews

No comments: