Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Review: I'm Waiting for You and Other Stories

I'm Waiting for You and Other Stories I'm Waiting for You and Other Stories by Bo-Young Kim
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Definitely read the afterwords to these stories. But only after the stories. Well, at least after the first and last story. I confess I absolutely, positively definitively did NOT follow the second story(ies). At one point one of the characters comments how their situation is more complicated than a 3-body problem, and I think that might be the upper limit of complication I can deal with. At least when it comes to sci-fi. 

However, the first and last story were excellent, and end up tying with each other. And in the afterword you find out that (spoiler?) the first story was written for a friend of the author's who was about to propose to his fiancée. 

I loved how the afterwords also included letters by the translators, as well as letters by the couple for whom the 1st and last stories were written. 

Regardless, I usually don't enjoy Sci-fi that much, but these (2) stories were a lot of fun. The middle one, not so much, but it probably is more my fault than the story's. 

View all my reviews

No comments: