Wednesday, October 05, 2022

Review: The Third Chimpanzee: The Evolution and Future of the Human Animal

The Third Chimpanzee: The Evolution and Future of the Human Animal The Third Chimpanzee: The Evolution and Future of the Human Animal by Jared Diamond
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm really not sure why I owned this nor why I read it in its entirety. For some reason I thought this book came out after Collapse. 

I guess it was rather interesting to see what we knew back in the early 90s, and what our goals were (pretty much the same as now I guess). 

Still, his topics are dealt with more in-depth in Guns, Germs and Steel and in Collapse. And (especially after having read Who we are and How we got here, by David Reich) I noticed how many of his points were out of date (also, did he really say we evolved from Apes?)

Probably 2.5 stars at this point, since it's a 30-year-old book. 

View all my reviews

No comments: