Sunday, October 02, 2022

Review: Taiwan Literature English Translation Series - Special Issues on New Generation Fiction Writers of Taiwan

Taiwan Literature English Translation Series - Special Issues on New Generation Fiction Writers of Taiwan Taiwan Literature English Translation Series - Special Issues on New Generation Fiction Writers of Taiwan by Kuo-ching Tu
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

A decent collection of stories, although I can't say it was my favorite.

I thought the best ones were:
Tiger God, by Wu Ming-yi
Mystery Train, by Kan Yao-ming (I couldn't find his name in Chinese characters. I'd love to read more by this author)
Low Season, by Wang Tsung-wei

Hiding, by Hsu Jung-che was a bit disturbing, as was Hua-Jia, by Yang Fu-min. And I didn't really get "My Late Grandpa", by Tong Wei-ger.

View all my reviews

No comments: