Saturday, July 10, 2021

Review: Invent and Wander: The Collected Writings of Jeff Bezos

Invent and Wander: The Collected Writings of Jeff Bezos Invent and Wander: The Collected Writings of Jeff Bezos by Jeff Bezos
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In essence this consists of 2 (or 3) different books. The introduction is by Walter Isaacson, and is an excellent broad overview of Bezos's life/career, albeit much too short. 

The second and third parts are Bezos's writings, first his annual letters to shareholders, and then other articles, speeches, etc. 

These were interesting, despite the repetitions. In fact, it was interesting to see how some anecdotes and lessons evolved over time. I found some of his later writings to be more interesting, since he knew he was writing more for posterity and with a wider audience, so he inserted more lessons and more context. 

Some of my notes (I wish I had taken more):

Get 70% of the knowledge and then make a decision
Are high standards teachable? If they weren't then all talk would have to be about hiring. 


View all my reviews

No comments: