Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Review: Y: The Last Man, Vol. 1: Unmanned

Y: The Last Man, Vol. 1: Unmanned Y: The Last Man, Vol. 1: Unmanned by Brian K. Vaughan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read graphic novels about once per year, and this was a good one to read. I like the premise, that all men are suddenly gone, and how the world spirals into chaos. Many commenters think that's sexist. It might be, but I think losing 50% of the world's population all at once would be chaotic no matter what, not to mention the fact that there is no more procreation so the human race will end (especially with the gangs blowing up sperm banks). If all women died at the same time we'd have the same issues. 

Anyway, having said all that, it still seemed a tad dystopic, given how often violence and gangs just seem to be misplaced machismo, so getting rid of all the men would probably be good in that respect. 

I might pick up the next volume at some point soon. We'll see. 

View all my reviews

No comments: