Thursday, April 16, 2020

Review: Secrets of Sleep Science: From Dreams to Disorders

Secrets of Sleep Science: From Dreams to Disorders Secrets of Sleep Science: From Dreams to Disorders by H. Craig Heller
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Rather than "Secrets of Sleep Science" this should probably be called "Science of Sleep Secrets". There is a lot of scientific information to wade through, which I'm sure is all accurate and fascinating to people in the field, but it was pretty much over my head.

I suffer from periodic insomnia and have been doing so for years, so I'm always interested in anything pertaining to sleep, generally the more scientific the better. And yet I found this a bit too heavy on the science.

However, later on it started focusing more on the conclusions, and the sections on insomnia, parasomnia and how sleep affects pretty much everything were fascinating. Including the section on sleeping and learning.

I hate to take points away because of too much science (or too much information), but much of this would have been perfect in the end notes, not in the first half of the book.


View all my reviews

No comments: