Monday, March 23, 2020

Review: Orkney Twilight

Orkney Twilight Orkney Twilight by Clare Carson
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

For a mystery/thriller, nothing really happens until page 140 or so (and even then only in fits and starts until the end).

For a book about Orkney, it mentions quite a few locations and their ties to the Vikings, but otherwise not much at all. In fact, the closest person we meet to a "local" is actually a Norwegian fisherman.

Otherwise I found it a book with odd, not very plausible, characters. Maybe it's just a different mentality or something, but they seemed at times brilliant and at times extremely dull-witted. I understand the father and daughter had issues, but when an obvious international spy makes death threats to you and your father, why not at least mention it to your undercover cop father to get his take? But maybe that's just me.

Too bad, I was looking forward to a book about Orkney, and a mystery novel at that.

View all my reviews

No comments: