Saturday, October 19, 2019

Review: Fantasie per una fuga - Quattro racconti

Fantasie per una fuga - Quattro racconti Fantasie per una fuga - Quattro racconti by Edmund Cantilli
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was a mystery. Usually, even if I can't find a book on Goodreads (I had to add this one myself), I can find it on Amazon, or IBS.it, or the feltrinelli website (these last two for Italian books), or something. But I couldn't find this anywhere. I found other books by this author, but no mention of this one (hence no book cover photo).

Not only that, but all the pages at the beginning and the end of this book were torn out of my copy, leaving only the text of the stories. So I can't see any information about the year it was published, table of contents, and whatnot. For the record, I found the book in a used bookstore in Lucca and bought it on a whim (it was just 2 Euros).

Anyway, it turned out to be excellent. 4 stories. I thought the first was the weakest (I don't know the title, since that page was missing). The second (il sogno) and the fourth (il disertore) were 5 stars, while the third (Fiorenza di Sangolfo) was a solid 4. I look forward to reading more by Cantilli.

4.5 stars

View all my reviews

No comments: