Monday, May 20, 2019

Review: The Private Life of Plants

The Private Life of Plants The Private Life of Plants by Lee Seung-u
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm not sure what I thought of this book and may have to come back to this once a few days have passed. Regardless, it started off pretty ragged and rugged, and ended up very poetic. Some of the symbolism seemed a bit too contrived, and some of the dialog annoyed me. I have a slight suspicion that there might have been references to Korean symbols, or aspects of its history or literature or something that don't translate, but I might be way off.

Also, isn't Namcheon part of Busan? The book makes it seem so rural, but I thought it was smack dab in the city. Is there another Namcheon?

Still, I'm curious to read his other works. 3.5 stars (for now)


View all my reviews

No comments: