Wednesday, May 30, 2018

The Economists' Diet: The Surprising Formula for Losing Weight and Keeping It Off by Christopher Payne, Rob Barnett

The Economists' Diet: The Surprising Formula for Losing Weight and Keeping It OffThe Economists' Diet: The Surprising Formula for Losing Weight and Keeping It Off by Christopher Payne
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I guess I expected a book by economists to have more empirical data rather than anecdotes and personal stories. Actually, I agreed with pretty much everything they said, and I rather liked their ideas (weigh yourself every day, limit variety in your diet, etc.). Obviously they both lost weight and their approach worked for both of them, but they even mentioned how what works for one person may not work for another, so I guess I expected more in the way of aggregate studies and data.

Although the study by John Cisna (page 131), where he ate nothing but McDonald's for six months and lost 61 pounds, was interesting.


View all my reviews

No comments: