Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Review: On the Origin of Species and Other Stories

On the Origin of Species and Other Stories On the Origin of Species and Other Stories by Kim Bo-young
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm not generally a Sci-fi fan, but, as with the author's other book (I'm Waiting for You and Other Stories), I really enjoyed these stories. I guess it is impossible to write sci-fi without writing about philosophy and a commentary on life in general.

All of these stories were great. In fact, it is probably better to list the stories I enjoyed somewhat less than to list my favorites, but this is only because they were all very good.

'A Brief Reflection on Breasts' was too short to say much to me.
'Between Zero and One' was a bit too odd for me, which makes me think I didn't understand it.

All the other stories were excellent. Scripter was just fun to read. 'An Evolutionary Myth' is more Myth than anything, reminiscent of ancient Chinese/Korean mythology. 'Last of the Wolves' was disturbing, but very interesting. 'Stars Shine in the Earth's Sky' had a very interesting premise, and the two 'On the origin of species' stories were superb.


View all my reviews

No comments: