Sunday, April 28, 2024

Review: How to Be a Leader: An Ancient Guide to Wise Leadership

How to Be a Leader: An Ancient Guide to Wise Leadership How to Be a Leader: An Ancient Guide to Wise Leadership by Plutarch
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Timeless advice, although it is impossible not to read this and see how current politicians compare, concluding that they fall far short. I’m guessing this is pretty much the point, but it is still depressing. 

Still, if I ever find myself in politics this will be worth a re-read in detail. 

Some quotes I noted down:

“Kings are afraid for their subjects, while tyrants are afraid of their subjects.”

''I hate that man and wish to do him harm, but I love my country more.''

“Just like a blemish is more notable if it is on one’s face rather than elsewhere, a fault is more noticeable with a leader than others” (Paraphrased, since I can’t find the quote anymore). 


https://4201mass.blogspot.com/

View all my reviews

No comments: