Wednesday, April 03, 2024

Review: The Bad Food Bible: How and Why to Eat Sinfully

The Bad Food Bible: How and Why to Eat Sinfully The Bad Food Bible: How and Why to Eat Sinfully by Aaron E. Carroll
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Whenever I read a book on nutrition or health I find myself trying to see everything I'm doing right, so I consciously tried to concentrate on everything I did that contradicted what the author was talking. 

Having said that, I agreed with more or less everything. The sections that surprised me somewhat were those on saccharine and aspartame, as well as how even home-made bread is considered processed. 

I wish he had discussed more about what has caused the extreme weight gain in the US in recent decades. While he alludes to it a couple times, he doesn't really give a definitive answer (but you basically imply it's a combination of the factors he brings up). 

Still, a good read. 



View all my reviews

No comments: