Sunday, March 10, 2024

Review: Of Wolves and Men

Of Wolves and Men Of Wolves and Men by Barry Lopez
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have no idea why this was on my wishlist, but I'm very glad it was. 

As another commenter mentioned, this is just as much a book about the relationship between humans and wolves as it is a book about wolves. It also discusses the evolution of this relationship and how it differs from place to place. 

Reading this book is probably as close as I will ever get to entering the mentality of wolves. Even though it is second hand (I'm entering the mentality of someone endeavoring to enter the mentality of wolves) it is still an eye-opening experience. 

The focus of the chapters will run the gamut, from history to folklore to science to hanging out with Native Americans to the author raising wolves himself, so some chapters will go by more quickly than others. But all in all it will almost certainly be worth it. 




https://4201mass.blogspot.com/

View all my reviews

No comments: