Sunday, February 04, 2024

Review: Silenzi

Silenzi Silenzi by Luca Brunoni
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The book starts out slowly, but then it shifts in the second part and suddenly fills in many gaps by switching the point of view from Ida to the villagers. It actually worked quite well and, just when I thought the pace was much too slow for my taste, it went into overdrive. 

I was honestly surprised it didn't take place in Ticino, but in the Swiss German part (close to Thun). So, maybe it was just me, but I kept confusing the characters (Arthur and Theodore and even Wolfgang) probably because I kept expecting it to be Ticino and kept thinking (the guy with the German name). So, yeah, it was probably just my issue.

Apparently the author was inspired to write this book after having read "Anime rubate. Bambini svizzeri all'asta", which I have now added to my wishlist. 

View all my reviews

No comments: