Saturday, January 07, 2023

Review: Revenge

Revenge Revenge by Yōko Ogawa
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

#books #booktwt #bookreview

I enjoyed this a lot.

These are all somewhat eerie stories, slightly intertwined with each other. And why was there a sort of Paul Auster feel to it? 

It would be excellent if someone created a diagram showing how the characters/locations from the various stories are all connected. 

I confess I almost took a star off due to the title. Revenge was definitely not a recurring theme (it featured a bit, off and on), and I saw how the original Japanese title had nothing to do with revenge. I'm not sure why they came up with that title in English. Am I missing something? 

Still, great collection (I'm still a bit lost by the weird off-connection between the last and first stories, but I guess it would include spoilers, so I'll keep it to myself). 

View all my reviews

No comments: