Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Review: The Great Gatsby

The Great Gatsby The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

I can't remember when I read this last, but it was definitely more than 10 years ago. Regardless, it definitely holds up. It is actually quite interesting to read after having read "A Moveable Feast", and seeing what Hemingway had to say about Fitzgerald. 

Also interesting to read after having read Frank Costello's biography, since there is a theory that Jay Gatsby was based on him. Although I'm not convinced about this (Costello never threw lavish parties), there are definite similarities, and Costello certainly would've been the big gangster of New York during the time of writing. 

Regardless, a good read. I wonder if I should watch the movie now. 

View all my reviews

No comments: