Sunday, November 27, 2022

Review: The Master Key

The Master Key The Master Key by Masako Togawa
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I read through several reviews and I seem to be the only person who had this particular issue with the book, but here goes. 

I enjoyed it a lot. It is intertwining, told out of order at times, and very interrelated. The characters were a bit many for me, but nothing too extreme, and I was curious to see how it would end. 

However, without giving anything away, the final 2 chapters seemed just too contrived and Deus ex Machina-like for me. The whole denouement seemed out of left field. I guess that's all I can really say without giving anything away. 

Still, I enjoyed the book otherwise. Not sure yet, but I may still read other books by the same author. 

View all my reviews

No comments: