Sunday, August 14, 2022

Review: Unknown Number

Unknown Number Unknown Number by Azure
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I loved the premise. It seemed like sliding doors meets the multiverse theory, all via text chats and dealing with gender transition (and, along those lines, making or not making life-altering decisions). 

I feel like more could have been done with this, however. Someone mentioned that, since it's all in text message format, it had to be a short story. Then again, Train Man was over 400 pages long, and I came to the opposite conclusion there. The different format made it seem shorter than that. 

How about hearing more about the other timelines he contacted? How about a follow-up message at some point? I realize these are probably tangential to the point of the story, but they'd still be quite interesting to explore. 


View all my reviews

No comments: