Friday, June 24, 2022

Review: Why Fish Don't Exist: A Story of Loss, Love, and the Hidden Order of Life

Why Fish Don't Exist: A Story of Loss, Love, and the Hidden Order of Life Why Fish Don't Exist: A Story of Loss, Love, and the Hidden Order of Life by Lulu Miller
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What an excellent book. I read this all in one setting (ok, listened to it. Long wait at the doctor's) and enjoyed it immensely. 

At first it seemed a bit all over the place, but it was a great memoir / insight into David Starr Jordan's life / taxonomy / a couple of other poignant issues. 

I confess I had completely forgotten why it was in my library, but I just started it on spec. The audiobook version is narrated by the author and includes the author's toddler saying the word "fish" for the first time at the end! 

I should forget why I buy more books and start reading them randomly more often. If they are as pleasant a surprise as this one was, at least. 


View all my reviews

No comments: