Friday, May 06, 2022

Review: The Second Sleep

The Second Sleep The Second Sleep by Robert Harris
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

After reading the Cicero trilogy and Pompeii, this struck me as a change of pace for a Robert Harris novel. I guess I wasn't prepared for just how different it was. In fact, knowing nothing about it ahead of time (I hate reading too many reviews since people always seem to let spoilers slip in), I was very surprised. 

I confess I enjoyed it a lot, and it never stopped surprising me, right until the end. 

Having said that, I did find the main character a tad unbelievable, in that he made choices and did things that seemed quite out of character, or just forced, so as to move the story along. 

Regardless, I can't say much more without giving away spoilers. My advice is not to read any reviews but just read it. It will be different.

View all my reviews

No comments: