Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Review: Mob Boss: The Life of Little Al D’Arco, the Man Who Brought Down the Mafia

Mob Boss: The Life of Little Al D’Arco, the Man Who Brought Down the Mafia Mob Boss: The Life of Little Al D’Arco, the Man Who Brought Down the Mafia by Jerry Capeci
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I found this excellent. Part guilty pleasure reading of the mob, part goodfellas, part informative as to how various aspects of organized crime work. 

I should specify that I've read a number of books about the mafia, both American and Italian (hence the guilty pleasure), but much of this was new (or at least I didn't remember it). This is basically an inside look into the Lucchese family throughout the 80s and 90s, as well as a biography of a second generation Italian immigrant turned Acting boss of that family. And obviously it helps that it was written by Jerry Capeci, whose Gangland News I used to read pretty regularly (what ever happened to it?). 


View all my reviews

No comments: