Thursday, April 07, 2022

Review: Some Trick: Thirteen Stories

Some Trick: Thirteen Stories Some Trick: Thirteen Stories by Helen DeWitt
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have no idea how to rate this. The stories were all unique in their own way. Although I did feel that some of them had an excellent premise that then didn't go anywhere (


Favorite stories;
Out on the Town 
Favorite Last Words
My Heart Belongs to Bertie (possibly. I did enjoy it, but I wish more had happened)
Improvisation is the Heart of Music (Excellent premise. If these were expanded upon I'd love to read the book)
The last story, Entourage, was also really fun. 

I'm giving this 4 stars because I really believe Helen Dewitt can build upon these inspirations and make more with them (I'm basing this on nothing. Possibly just wishful thinking). 

Anyway, if this sounds like a lot of incoherent rambling just read the stories. 


View all my reviews

No comments: