Friday, December 24, 2021

Review: Desire: Vintage Minis

Desire: Vintage Minis Desire: Vintage Minis by Haruki Murakami
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A compendium of some of Murakami's short stories, a few of which are featured in other collections, so I think all except one were re-reads for me. I must say, however, that if anything I enjoyed them more the second time around, which kinda makes me want to re-read some other Murakami novels. 

The stories were:

"The Second Bakery Attack" - A re-read. And more fun the second time around. I had forgotten the ending, so that kept me going
"On Seeing the 100% Perfect Girl One Beautiful April Morning" - Another re-read. Probably my least favorite, but still good in its own way.
"Birthday Girl" - Skipped this one since I remembered it rather vividly
"Samsa in Love" - A very weird one, but fun. I probably would have gotten more out of it if I had read The Metamorphosis (don't tell anyone I haven't).
"A Folklore for my Generation. A Prehistory of Late Stage Capitalism" - A re-read, but a pleasant one. And it takes place in Lucca, so you can't go wrong. 

View all my reviews

No comments: