Wednesday, February 03, 2021

Review: Notes of a Crocodile

Notes of a Crocodile Notes of a Crocodile by Qiu Miaojin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I can't say I liked this as much as "Last words from Montmartre", but that may just depend on which book I read first. 

I did like that Last Words from Montmartre was non-fiction, although this book itself read much too much like non-fiction, so I'm sure it's full of her experiences. 

Much like the other book, however, this was very intense, and can't help but make me feel that Qiu Maojin, aside from being gay during the 80s in Taiwan, also had to contend with the fact that she was too smart and too passionate to let anything go by without overly intense scrutiny and commitment. 

If you cannot get your hands on Last Words from Montmartre, this is probably a must-read. 

View all my reviews

No comments: