Friday, November 20, 2020

Review: No B.S. Wealth Attraction for Entrepreneurs: The Ultimate, No Holds Barred, Kick Butt, Take No Prisoners Guide to Really Getting Rich

No B.S. Wealth Attraction for Entrepreneurs: The Ultimate, No Holds Barred, Kick Butt, Take No Prisoners Guide to Really Getting Rich No B.S. Wealth Attraction for Entrepreneurs: The Ultimate, No Holds Barred, Kick Butt, Take No Prisoners Guide to Really Getting Rich by Dan S. Kennedy
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Things I hate about the book:
Geez could it look any scammier? I was literally embarrassed to carry this around and even to add it to my list here on Goodreads. I mean, did his direct marketing experience tell him this type of title/cover/look would be best? Regardless, I hate it. 


Things I don't hate about the book: 
Most, if not all, of the advice seems very sound and useful. Some of my notes:
If you understand how you're earning money (from a certain method or tactic), then teach it to others for a fee. 
Don't follow your passion. Find out what drives market demand, and find something you can do within that market that you're passionate about. 
You don't have to be motivated to get your work done. Just do it. 
His Behavioral Congruency point is the "Leading vs. Lagging indicators" point made by Cal Newport in Deep Work.

Other things I hate about the book (Albeit not as much as its overall look):
- He's always upselling his website and his products. It gets to be a bit much. Get me interested, then I'll be the one trying to look you up. 
- A lot of Donald Trump name dropping.


The final section of testimonials (so many of them from people in real estate!) is sort of a waste. One of them mentioned "the power of system", which was not mentioned in this book but that the author apparently covers in his sessions. It sounds like this is more or less the same as the one mentioned in E-myth revisited and Built to Sell, in which case it would have been nice to include that.

View all my reviews

No comments: