Sunday, September 13, 2020

Review: I castelli di Bellinzona

I castelli di Bellinzona I castelli di Bellinzona by Werner Meyer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Another book I'm reading to prepare for future travel. Obviously, having lived right next door, I've been to these castles many times. Still, I took some interesting notes:

"Until the 15th century, the Lago Verbano was navigable clear until Bellinzona, and there was a small port next to one of the towers of the wall.

The three castles were divided, in 1506, between cantons, and we called the castles of Uri, Schwiez and Unterwalden.

Castelgrande didn't have the empty space in it before, and had many more buildings contained inside

Castelgrande has also been called: Castello vecchio, castello d'Uri, Castello di S. Michele

Castello di Montebello has also been called: Castello piccolo, nuovo, or di mezzo, Castello di Svitto, Castello di S. Martino

Castello di Sasso Corbaro has also been called: Castello d'Untervaldo, Castello di S. Barbara.

View all my reviews

No comments: