Thursday, August 13, 2020

Review: Overlooked Historical Records of the Three Korean Kingdoms

Overlooked Historical Records of the Three Korean Kingdoms Overlooked Historical Records of the Three Korean Kingdoms by Ilyon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Definitely a dense book, but many of the stories are interesting, and probably familiar to many Koreans (I had definitely heard more than a couple before). 

My notes basically dealt with which pages certain topics were on, so I'll list some of the most interesting topics (in my opinion): 

Goguryeo (p. 70)
Heilong river (p. 21)
Buyeo (pronounced Fuyu in Chinese) (p.23)
Founding of Goguryeo (p. 23)
King Taejong (p. 63)
Downfall of Baekje (p. 65)
Animal blood was applied to human mouths for oaths (p. 77)
The king had long ears story (p. 110)
Yeomchok (Ichadon) (p. 180)
No killing allowed in Baekje (p. 189)
Yeon Gaesomun (p. 190)
Wongwang (p. 283)

View all my reviews

No comments: