Friday, August 07, 2020

Review: The Bacchae and Other Plays

The Bacchae and Other Plays The Bacchae and Other Plays by Euripides
My rating: 0 of 5 stars

Some personal notes for each play, since Goodreads doesn't give me enough space under "Private notes". Definite Spoilers, if that matters for you here:



Ion
Nice play, with a happy ending. I liked it. 

The Women of Troy
Well this was the complete opposite. It describes the fate of the various women of Troy. None of them is a good one. 

Helen
So apparently the Helen in Troy was a hologram or a ghost or something. So they all killed each other over nothing. I guess this could be an allegory to the futility of war. Regardless, maybe my antipathy for Helen is too hardly engrained (or I'm on Team Troy) but I found myself not really rooting for her or Menelaus. 

Bacchae
Man, these Gods are mean

View all my reviews

No comments: