Monday, July 27, 2020

Review: The British Museum Is Falling Down

The British Museum Is Falling Down The British Museum Is Falling Down by David Lodge
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I had just finished reading "The Library at night" before this book, which also discussed the library at the British Museum, so it was pretty serendipitous that I happened to read this next.

This was a random purchase from the clearance shelf in 2nd and Charles. It turned out to be a cute book. It reminded me of P.G. Wodehouse, although I'm sure that's because it's a cute, comic, novel that takes place in London. The various sections do seem to have different styles, which was apparently on purpose. I'm sure I'm not erudite enough to pick up on them all, but suffice it to say that it was a quick, fun, read about a man's day in mid-60s London.


View all my reviews

No comments: