Sunday, June 21, 2020

Review: The Portable Dorothy Parker

The Portable Dorothy Parker The Portable Dorothy Parker by Dorothy Parker
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What a delight. And to think I found this in the Free bin of 2nd and Charles!

I will list my favorite poems and short stories below, but I should mention that she really seemed to shine in her theater and book reviews. I doubt anyone else could be that snarky while heaping that much praise all at the same time, and you can tell she loved every minute of it.

I recommend you keep this on your bedside table and read a little bit now and then. At least, that's what I ended up doing, and it never disappointed.


10 stars

My favorite poems:
Resume
Love Song
Observation
The Red Dress
Partial Comfort
The Maid-Servant at the Inn
Thought for a Sunshiny Morning
Second Love
Sanctuary
Tombstones in the Starlight IV: The Fisherwoman


My favorite short stories
The Custard Heart
Just Around Pooh Corner

View all my reviews

No comments: