Friday, May 15, 2020

Review: Chaos

Chaos Chaos by James Gleick
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Reading books like this (and like Antimatter, by Frank Close), give me the impression that there is a fascinating world of mathematics and physics that lies just beyond my comprehension, and if I had the time and motivation to learn just that bit more I would be enthralled by some of these discoveries.
As it is, I can't help share in some of the excitement, but I know it's mostly over my head.

I really like the emphasis on how Chaos was discovered by intersecting the two separate worlds of physics and math, and how those who specialized in one and not the other were blind to it in their own ways.


And someone needs to try the chaos game detailed in p. 236. I'm very curious to see if it works.

View all my reviews

No comments: