Friday, April 24, 2020

Review: The New Horizon to Ancient Korean History

The New Horizon to Ancient Korean History The New Horizon to Ancient Korean History by Chung Yenkyu
My rating: 0 of 5 stars

I didn't finish this book, so I won't give it a rating, but I will say that it seems a bit *out there*. I just read the first chapter, but it talks about how humanity started 70,000 years ago in "The Pamirs", and language started there too. And how "the progenitors of mankind were Naban (那般) and aman (阿曼), which gave the words for father and mother, at least in Korean.

He then goes on to say that the spiro mounds in the US were Mongolian (which I might actually have bought if he had put more effort into showing the link and specifying that these were some type of proto-Mongolians who came over the Bering Strait)

And he treats Dangun as real and he states that before the Han people lived in China, the ancestors of Koreans lived there (he calls them 東夷).

View all my reviews

No comments: