Monday, September 02, 2019

Review: Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion

Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert B. Cialdini
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was afraid this book would be out of date, since I know it has been around for a while. But, as the book mentions, this information will be more and more relevant as we become more and more inundated with information from all directions. So I'm definitely glad I read it.

There are certain pointers I can probably use for business, although for the most part it was eye opening to see what methods other businesses can (and do) implement in order to get me to spend my money.

Tidbits I enjoyed:
How a woman increased sales of Turquoise by doubling the price (we called these luxury goods in Econ class)
How the tailor pretended to be deaf in order to get a sale
How the toy store manages to increase post-christmas sales
How the cult in Chicago started seeking publicity only After their doomsday scenario didn't pan out
If you are selling your car, have various potential buyers show up at the same time.




View all my reviews

No comments: