Friday, August 23, 2019

Review: The Return of Sherlock Holmes

The Return of Sherlock Holmes The Return of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In a way these stories are getting somewhat predictable, in that there is a set formula of having a mystery (often with the police coming to the wrong conclusion), trailing the clues, finding the culprit.

On the other hand this makes them a bit more interactive, since I can try my hand and trying to figure out who the culprit is before the great reveal. For the most part I can do so rather early on, although I'm often wrong about the whole story (which Holmes seems to deduce but we, the reader, wouldn't have been able to).

Having watched the BBC Sherlock series makes it more fun, since many episodes were taken from actual stories, but the killer turns out to be someone different. It makes me appreciate how well the series was done, since those familiar with Sherlock probably thought they knew what to expect, but then everything turned out differently.

View all my reviews

No comments: