Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Review: Evening Proposal

Evening Proposal Evening Proposal by Hye-Young Pyun
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

These stories all seem to share a theme of being lost, whether physically or as in losing control over one's direction in life (or both). The atmosphere is similar for each story, and there are definitely certain themes (monotonous work, one's employment not mattering, travel, being stuck in a situation and not being able to get out, etc.) I'm sure there are parallels that I'm not catching, as well, like the life of the rabbit probably being a metaphor for the life of the protagonist.

Regardless, I enjoyed these. I wish I had spaced each story out a bit more, so I could come back to them with breaks in between. I might do that the next time I read Pyun's Hye-young's work.



View all my reviews

No comments: