Thursday, July 18, 2019

Review: The Nakano Thrift Shop

The Nakano Thrift Shop The Nakano Thrift Shop by Hiromi Kawakami
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

From the book description: "Objects for sale at the Nakano Thrift Shop appear as commonplace as the staff and customers that handle them. But like those same customers and staff, they hold many secrets."

This is obviously a metaphor for the characters of the book. To tell the truth, however, I enjoyed it precisely because of the 'commonplace' characters. I felt like I was peering into a small shop in Tokyo and into the lives of a few people there, without ever leaving my chair. Anyway, a nice little book. I look forward to reading more by this author (I think I've read most of her translated works by now, but there are a few left).


View all my reviews

No comments: